Shop her favorite styles from the season
Columbus fashion guest blogger Holly Ritter is the director of internal communications and special projects at Otterbein University; she blogs about style atHey, Hollywood.
Fall. Fall. Fall. Fall. FALL! I look forward to this season all year for (at least) the following five reasons:
1. Buckeye football-hell, all football.
2. Saving money on our electric bill. Hello, windows-open weather!
3. The colors. Those leaves are so darn pretty!
4. The end of bikini season and the beginning of sweatpants season. (Can I get an "amen?")
5. The fashion.
Here are my three favorite fall trends this year:
1. Graphic Tees and Sweatshirtssweatshirt: Old Navy | jeans: Old Navy | booties: Old Navy (similar) | headband: Nora and Jac My style is first and foremost about comfort. So the more tees and sweatshirts in my closet, the better. And lately I've been a sucker for a good graphic. This is officially the friendliest piece of clothing I own.
2. Leatherfaux leather jacket: Old Navy | skirt: Old Navy (not online anymore) | shoes: Target (similar) Well, faux leather. I am so glad I bought this jacket. The instant I put it on, we were in love. It's badass and adds just enough "edge" to any outfit-especially this girly, sparkly skirt.
3. Burgundyscarf: H&M (similar) | shirt: Old Navy (similar) | jeans: Old Navy (similar) First, I just gotta say that H&M has some of THE BEST scarves. And you will soon realize how much I love scarves. Second, I am totally digging burgundy. It's a rich, gorgeous color and will transition beautifully from fall to winter. I will definitely be stocking up on burgundy/maroon/I refuse to call it oxblood this season. Of course, every Saturday, I'll be sporting my finest OSU gear. Go Bucks!
What are your favorite trends this fall?