A Ball State University grad, Emily grew up in a small town you’ve probably never heard of in Central Indiana. After finishing her internship at The Washingtonian in Washington, D.C., on a Thursday in June 2013, she crammed her belongings into her two-door Chevy Cavalier and drove back to the Midwest to start at Columbus Monthly the following Monday. When not editing or writing about Columbus arts and culture, she’s making lists, daydreaming about globe-trotting adventures and exploring the city.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Trying new brunch spots
Favorite beverage: Coffee
Favorite pastime: Yoga
Recent articles by Emily Thompson
- We Love Some Latte Art
- The New Jazz Age: Etiquette for Jazz Performances
- Deck the Door With a Wreath
- Behind the Scenes with Buckeyes Football Coach Urban Meyer
- Holiday Gift Guide 2014: Gifts for 20-Somethings
- See the Future of Columbus in LEGOs
- COSI’s Planetarium Reopens in November
- Danny Elfman Talks About Movies, Music and Tim Burton
- The Rising Price of Parking Downtown
- Try These HighBall Makeup Looks for Your Halloween Costume
- Why Does Music Sound So Great in the Southern Theatre?