A Ball State University grad, Emily grew up in a small town you’ve probably never heard of in Central Indiana. After finishing her internship at The Washingtonian in Washington, D.C., on a Thursday in June 2013, she crammed her belongings into her two-door Chevy Cavalier and drove back to the Midwest to start at Columbus Monthly the following Monday. When not editing or writing about Columbus arts and culture, she’s making lists, daydreaming about globe-trotting adventures and exploring the city.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Trying new brunch spots
Favorite beverage: Coffee
Favorite pastime: Yoga
Recent articles by Emily Thompson
- Ultimate Meat Guide: How to Season Like a Pro
- What To See and Do at the Gay Softball World Series
- Q&A with Howard Yoder, COTA Bus Operator
- Twilight Ride with Outgoing Mayor Michael Coleman
- How to Get Millennials to Church? Houses of Worship Get Creative
- Columbus news anchors of yesteryear (continued): Where is Erin Moriarty?
- Best of Columbus 2015: Art for Beauty and a Cause
- We Tried It: ClassPass
- This Might Sting: Ohio in the Center of the Vaccination Debate