A Ball State University grad, Emily grew up in a small town you’ve probably never heard of in Central Indiana. After finishing her internship at The Washingtonian in Washington, D.C., on a Thursday in June 2013, she crammed her belongings into her two-door Chevy Cavalier and drove back to the Midwest to start at Columbus Monthly the following Monday. When not editing or writing about Columbus arts and culture, she’s making lists, daydreaming about globe-trotting adventures and exploring the city.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Trying new brunch spots
Favorite beverage: Coffee
Favorite pastime: Yoga
Recent articles by Emily Thompson
- Style Profile: Michael Bongiorno, DesignGroup
- Who and What To See At Independents’ Day Festival 2015
- Columbus After Dark: What Is Your Emergency?
- Columbus After Dark: The Science of Sleep
- Ultimate Meat Guide: How to Season Like a Pro
- What To See and Do at the Gay Softball World Series
- Q&A with Howard Yoder, COTA Bus Operator