A Ball State University grad, Emily grew up in a small town you’ve probably never heard of in Central Indiana. After finishing her internship at The Washingtonian in Washington, D.C., on a Thursday in June 2013, she crammed her belongings into her two-door Chevy Cavalier and drove back to the Midwest to start at Columbus Monthly the following Monday. When not editing or writing about Columbus arts and culture, she’s making lists, daydreaming about globe-trotting adventures and exploring the city.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Trying new brunch spots
Favorite beverage: Coffee
Favorite pastime: Yoga
Recent articles by Emily Thompson
- Try These HighBall Makeup Looks for Your Halloween Costume
- Why Does Music Sound So Great in the Southern Theatre?
- Potato Salad Guy and the Prank That Raised $55,000
- Columbus Small Businesses Start Their Engines at These Incubators
- Former Ohio School for the Deaf Gets a New Lease on Life as High School
- Outside In: A Profile of Columbus Artist Wallace Peck
- North Carolina meets Ohio at Ohiolina Festival
- Downtown Galleries Form Art Alliance
- Researchers Map City Residents’ Access to Food
- Savor the State: Secrets of Crafting Cocktails at Velvet Tango Room