A Ball State University grad, Emily grew up in a small town you’ve probably never heard of in Central Indiana. After finishing her internship at The Washingtonian in Washington, D.C., on a Thursday last June, she crammed her belongings into her two-door Chevy Cavalier and drove back to the Midwest to start at Columbus Monthly the following Monday. When not writing about Columbus news, culture and people, she’s making lists, daydreaming about European vacations and exploring the city.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Trying new brunch spots
Favorite beverage: Coffee
Favorite pastime: Yoga
Recent articles by Emily Thompson
- New Kids on the Block
- Ohio State Fair Bingo
- Yes, it’s OK to laugh at ‘Book of Mormon’
- Best of the Nelsonville Music Festival
- 3 Questions with New Albany author Erin McCahan
- Sweet Endings: Affection for Confections
- Inside Heart of Africa
- Sweet Endings: Salty-Sweet Snack Cravings
- We're a Winner!
- Three Questions with Legendary Singer-Songwriter Joe Ely
- Five Ways to Enjoy a Throwback Summer