Kristen has been editor of Columbus Monthly since September 2012. She previously was editor of Columbus Alive and an editor and reporter at daily newspapers in suburban Chicago. Somewhere in there she took a year away from journalism and earned a certificate of culinary arts from Washburne Culinary Institute in Chicago. (She can still make a mean hollandaise.) Away from the office, Kristen cooks, shops, runs and reads—just not all at the same time. She lives in Victorian Village.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Training with my running club
Favorite cuisine: Japanese
Favorite album: “Exile on Main Street,” The Rolling Stones
Recent articles by Kristen Schmidt
- Short Order: Nepali Cuisine at Namaste
- From the Editor: Falling for October
- Q&A with the Columbus Museum of Art’s Contemporary Art Curator
- How to Protect and Save Your Trees from Emerald Ash Borer
- Columbus Catholics Welcome Pope Francis to U.S.
- Q&A with Abigail Wexner
- Columbus After Dark: Eulogy for the 24-Hour Diner