Kristen has been editor of Columbus Monthly since September 2012. She previously was editor of Columbus Alive and an editor and reporter at daily newspapers in suburban Chicago. Somewhere in there she took a year away from journalism and earned a certificate of culinary arts from Washburne Culinary Institute in Chicago. (She can still make a mean hollandaise.) Away from the office, Kristen cooks, shops, runs and reads—just not all at the same time. She lives in Victorian Village.
Favorite Columbus weekend activity: Training with my running club
Favorite cuisine: Japanese
Favorite album: “Exile on Main Street,” The Rolling Stones
Recent articles by Kristen Schmidt
- The Most Controversial Potato Salad Ever
- Job-seeking advice for new graduates—and the rest of us, too
- Baker’s Dozens
- Sweet Endings: Chef Henry Butcher’s Bread Pudding
- Sweet Endings: Chef Amy Lozier’s Kitchen Sink Cookies
- Sweet Endings: Chef Andrew Smith’s Boozy Pound Cake
- First Person: Ruth and Donna’s Story
- Tour the Hocking Hills on a Segway
- Remembering Todd Hoffman, 1976-2014
- We All Scream!