1. What word did Ohio Rep. Bill Batchelder use in September to describe Democratic campaign ads that were painting Republican General Assembly hopefuls in a negative light?
2. What team did the Columbus Clippers defeat to become triple-A national champions in late September?
- A.Scranton-Wilkes Barre Yankees
- B.Durham Bulls
- C.Indianapolis Indians
- D.Tacoma Rainiers
3. “Honest to God, that was the whole reason I tried out to be the mascot,” was a quote by 19-year-old Brandon Hanning, who donned Ohio University’s mascot outfit and did what during a mid-September game against Ohio State?
- A.Flashed the student section of Ohio Stadium
- B.Tackled Ohio State wide receiver Dane Sanzenbacher before the game started
- C.Tackled Brutus Buckeye, OSU’s mascot, before the game
- D.Chased OSU cheerleaders around the field during halftime
4. “We have no reason to be concerned for the executions for calendar year 2010,” was a quote by a spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. What reason would she have to be concerned?
- A.A report shows that judges are giving fewer death penalty rulings, resulting in fewer executions.
- B.The state is running low on the thiopental sodium drug used in lethal injections.
- C.A severe storm in late September damaged the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility’s death house.
- D.The Ohio Supreme Court ruled in late September to reinstate use of the electric chair.
5. Two men were arrested after what was found in their north-side hotel room in late September?
- A.A white Bengal tiger
- B.A methamphetamine laboratory
- C.A human foot
- D.Forty marijuana plants
Answers: 1: A; 2: D; 3: C; 4: B; 5: B