Doorknob shopping is full of twists and turns. The experience promises to be truly hands-on, one that can provide homeowners the means with which to open doors that might otherwise be closed to them. Replacing doorknobs can be a perplexing task, one that grows in time commitment as wide options are considered. Although it's often advantageous to touch and feel before you buy, we've taken the liberty of showing you a few of our favorites.
1. The 1170 Martinelli Daniela Handle Pull (Acorn Manufacturing, $97) adds a bit of rustic flair to a more substantial door.
2. Almost any powder room would be enhanced with the accentuation of the Bordeaux Basket Lever (Fusion Hardware Group, $84), seen here in an antique pewter finish. It also comes in oil rubbed bronze and antique copper.
3. To give your front door some prestige, consider the Revere Grab Handleset (Fusion Hardware Group, $358), which-along with its interior counterpart-comes in oil rubbed bronze, antique pewter, antique copper, brushed nickel or shiny polished brass (shown) finishes.
4. Add a dash of exotic with the Tai Chi Lever (Fusion Hardware Group, $124). With a bronze finish, the bamboo design makes one feel far from home.
5. The Colonial Crest Scroll Egg Knob (Fusion Hardware Group, $114) fits nicely in an older house, with its ornate Victorian style and copper finish. It's also available in antique pewter.
6. The wood-carved elegance of the Flower Unfurled Door Knob (Anthropologie, $78) adds a bouquet of decoration to any closet or powder room.
7. With a polished nickel finish, the Schlage Satin Nickel Hall/Closet Knob (Lowe's, $25.97) is a subtle, yet stylish alternative to the mundane.
8. The Bubbled Glass knob (Anthropologie, $32) has a marbled design, and comes in clear, mint, pink and olive (shown).
9. The Hello, Goodbye Door Knob (Anthropologie, $42) takes you back to Grandma's house. With its kitschy labels and festive ceramic design, it's sure to attract attention.
10. Combining an antiquated look with a polished design, the Kwikset Juno Hall/Closet Knob in Venetian Bronze Knob(Lowe's, $19.87) can provide subtle flavor to just about any interior door.