The soft, luxurious ambiance of velvet is perfect for late fall and winter as it brings an unexpected visual effect that adds coziness to today's classic and rustic styles.
This age-old fabric is back in vogue, bringing texture and warmth to home décor as cooler seasons approach. Not quite ready for the big spend on the newest of velvet furnishings? Instead, audition its unique softness in your home by adding a couple of subtle touches found in throw pillows and other items. What could be a better focal point than velvet placemats trimmed in feathers for your upcoming Thanksgiving table?
1. Roar + Rabbit Glamour Velvet Sofa in Wasabi, $1,099 at West Elm
2. Halcyon Velvet Applique Lumbar Pillow Cover Gold, $129 at Williams-Sonoma Home
3. MidnightBlue Velvet Kendall Chair, $429.99 at World Market
4. Feather Velvet Placemat, $12.99 at World Market
5. Balani Velvet Applique Pillow Cover, $129 at Williams-Sonoma Home
6. Fontanne Bench, $399 at West Elm