Allure Bridal gown, $2,072 at Wendy's Bridal
The next issue of Capital Style Bride hits newsstands on Monday-filled with fabulous wedding gowns, bouquets, cakes, and oh so much more. We've got more expert advice than ever, including more than 60 ways to personalize your wedding. So, brides-to-be, be sure to put picking up a copy (at your local Barnes and Noble) on your Monday to-do list. Until then, we've got a quick taste of the amazing expert advice you'll find. In the upcoming issue (along with a look at three trending gown styles), Girls in White Dresses owner Courtney Leister gives a few tips on how to search for that perfect gown. Here's what she said:
1. Pick your venue: the dress sets the tone for the wedding, but the venue can dictate the type of dress.
2. Bring no more than two people to your dress appointment.
3. Limit your search to three stores.
4. Be open to new looks: the dress of your dreams may be one you never imagined.
5. Set a budget, but know where you are flexible. A good starting budget for a designer dress? Around $2,000.