Ten vacation staples from the founder of Substance
Columbus fashion guest blogger Christina Getachew is founder and CEO of Short North boutique Substance.
This summer my family will be vacationing in Kauai. If I've learned anything these past few years as a busy mom, wife and entrepreneur, it's how to pack for vacation and make the most of the precious quality time with my family. While away, I will not waste a minute thinking about what to wear.
Here are ten things I will definitely have in my bag (click on photos to enlarge):
First about my bag…
Street Level Reversible Tote, $54, from Substance
This is a great carry-all for the plane or trips to the beach. It's lightweight, and the minimalist design and excellent colors easily compliment every pattern and color that I'll pack.
1. Amandier Sun Hat, $60, from Substance last year
A sun hat is a must, and I love this exaggerated shape and vibrant color.
2. Stewart + Brown Wish Tee, $58, from Substance last year
I love having this tee on vacation. A graphic screen print is always great with printed bottoms.
3. Utility Canvas Lemonade Skirt, $88, from Substance
This cotton a-line skirt is so versatile. I'll wear it dressed down with a screen tee, or dressed up with a tank and strappy sandals. I love the modern print and pockets.
4. Bensimon classic canvas sneakers, $58, from Shopbop
I wear these easy kicks for the flights to and from. They're lightweight but sturdy enough to sprint to a gate with kids and carry-ons, and they do double duty for walks on the beach.
5. Marrisa B Tiered Gemstone Necklace, $172, from Substance 2009
This Boston-based jewelry designer is my go-to for statement necklaces. I love these bright turquoise beads with just a simple tank top or tee.
6. Groceries Easy Tank, $42, from Substance
This tank's vibrant color is made from low impact dyes here in the U.S. The longer cut and shirttail hem design makes it also work as a swim cover-up.
7. Michael Gaines Cobalt and Gold Chains Necklace, $168, from Substance
I am loving gold jewelry this spring, and this piece mixes in cobalt blue and has a soulful, nautical feel that makes it a must-have in my vacation bag.
8. Nusantara African Batik Print Tunic, $38, from Substance
Made from light and airy cotton, this top also doubles as a swim cover-up.
9. Ya Los Angeles Side Zip Stretch Capri, $38, from Substance
I always pack white pants for a beach vacation, and these super affordable capris will go with every top I'm bringing.
10. Cydwoq Gaudi Sandal, $313, from cywoq.com
This is the only dressy shoe I'll pack. The kitten heel, modern cutout design and metallic grey will work with everything.
Christina's girls try on her travel essentials.