BUTLER, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say two dozen concertgoers in northeast Ohio suffered overdoses after they ate marijuana-laced candy.
BUTLER, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say two dozen concertgoers in northeast Ohio suffered overdoses after they ate marijuana-laced candy.
No fatalities were reported Saturday at the Ohio Dreams sports camp complex in Butler, where the weekend-long EST 2016 rap music festival was being held. Butler is about 60 miles northeast of Columbus.
Maj. Joe Masi of the Richland County Sheriff's Department tells the Mansfield News Journal someone began tossing out bags of the colorful candies Saturday morning. The packages contained about 20 pieces each and were marked with the name of a commercial candy brand.
Masi said each piece had "a very, very high dose of THC," the chemical that gives marijuana its mind-altering effects.
A spokeswoman for OhioHealth hospital in Mansfield says 24 people were treated, including with the overdose antidote naloxone.