This simple, natural aesthetic celebrates imperfection.
Deeply rooted in Japanese culture, wabi-sabi is the newest design trend influencing the American aesthetic. Celebrating imperfection and uncomplicated style, the spirit of wabi-sabi is finding beauty in the not-so-perfect. Invest in fewer, but longer-lasting and higher-quality items. Natural materials such as wood, linen, wool, clay, leather and iron are encouraged as they age gracefully over time.
1. Wishbone Chair, $279 at Rove Concepts
2. Salt cellar, $24 at Neal Pottery
3. Reclaimed Russian oak plank round dining table, $2,795–$3,995 at Restoration Hardware
4. Fine merino wool blanket, $449 at Restoration Hardware
5. Academy task floor lamp in soft iron, $269 at Restoration Hardware
6. Wine chiller, $35 at Neal Pottery
7. Leather magazine storage tote, $245 at Restoration Hardware
8. Ewing striped cowhide rug, $899–$2,999 at Crate & Barrel
9. Suits linen cloth dinner napkins, $39.95 at Crate & Barrel