June board meeting
The East Guernsey Local School District will live stream its board meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 24. Visit www.eguernsey.k12.oh.us and click on "School Board" and then select the link "June 24, 2020 Board of Education Meeting." Call the central office, 740-489-5190, for more information.
Virtual memorial service for Annie Glenn
A virtual memorial service for Annie Glenn, widow of John Glenn, the former astronaut and U.S. senator, is planned for Saturday.
Mrs. Glenn died May 19, 2020, at a nursing home near family in St. Paul, Minnesota, of complications from COVID-19. She was 100.
According to Hank Wilson, Ohio State spokesman, the service is scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday, June 6, at the Broad Street Presbyterian Church.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions on large public gatherings, no parishioners or guests will be present. The service will be livestreamed online at glenn.osu.edu.
Tri-County CAC board meeting June 9
The GMN Tri-County Community Action Corporation Inc. Board of Directors will conduct its teleconference meeting via video at 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 9. Contact GMN Tri-County CAC, 740-732-2388, for more information.
Guernsey County Public Library reopens with limitations
The Guernsey County Public Library began allowing a limited number of people in the building, effective June 1.
Briefly, here are a few important points regarding this stage, according to the library:
• Staff are wearing masks and we encourage our users to do so as well. Our understanding is that masks protect others and we do serve people at high risk.
• We have disposable masks available for the public’s use at each location.
• We consider 9-11 a.m. M-F as times for those with high-risk factors to visit our locations.
• If you are uncomfortable with entering the building, we are still available to provide curbside/window service.
• The public will have limited access in the buildings. Unfortunately, we cannot have people in the stacks browsing material at this time.
• Some public PCs are available with 15-minute time limits.
• We can fax material but are not providing notary service at this time.