19 things to do the weekend of December 9
What could be better than Festivus at 400 W. Rich in Franklinton? How about three days of Festivus? It's a Festivus miracle! (Tell me you didn't seethatcoming.) Anyway, yep, the warehouse art/business space is expanding its annual December event to a full weekend this year, opening during Franklinton Friday and continuing on Saturday and Sunday. And that's just part of what's in store this weekend in Franklinton. "This is just going to be a much bigger version of what we've done in the past," said Festivus coordinator and 400 W. Rich tenant Austi Welsh of Quirky Clean. Participating vendors include tenants at 400 W. Rich, as well as other local makers of handmade and craft items of all kinds.
- Dane Terry plays the Wexner Center
- Columbus Gay Men's Chorus "Joy" at King Ave UMC
- "Manchester by the Sea" opens in theaters
- Columbus Dance Theatre "Matchgirl" at Lincoln Theatre
- Andymanathon starts at Big Room Bar
- The Struts play Express Live
- Thank You Scientist at Rumba Cafe
ProMusica Chamber Orchestra's creative approach to programming at the holidays gives us "Christmas Oratorio" at the Southern Theatre this year. A slate of guest vocalists including Laurel Semerdjian (pictured) and the Lancaster Chorale will join the orchestra for works including the rarely performed yet seasonally-appropriate "Christmas Oratorio" by Camille Saint-Saens.