14 things to do the weekend of December 30
There is no underestimating the shadow that Guided by Voices casts over this city. For more than 20 years, Robert Pollard has been the muse, the encouraging older brother, the drinking buddy and the competition for innumerable Columbus songwriters. And rightly so. The man is one of the most prolific, most consistently creative songwriters in America.
- Bridesmaid at The Summit
- Heel Turn Records showcase
- Choir Boy at Café Bourbon Street
- "Revealed" at Fresh A.I.R. Gallery
- "Off Axis" pop-art stained glass at Glass Axis
The new Idle-A-While opened in August 2015 on Channingway Boulevard in Reynoldsburg, and will host a New Year's Eve and 50th Anniversary Celebration, which features performances by Norman Whiteside and Rhythmic Fusion, the Project System, Jerry McMahan and Ev Jones.
- OSU vs. Clemson
- Skully's New Year's Eve Spectacular 2017
- New Year's Eve at Shadowbox Live
- New Thousand at Woodlands Tavern
- Playing to Vapors, Cordial Sins and Souther at Big Room Bar
- More ways to count down 2016
Condado Tacos announced it will introduce build-your-own taco options during weekend brunch service, starting Sunday, Jan. 1. Previously, the restaurant had offered pre-made taco options for brunch.