Restaurant news roundup: Alchemy Juice Bar, Katzinger's, Four String and more
- Alchemy Juice Bar + Cafe opened on Parsons Avenue in Olde Towne East this week. Brought to you by the same crew behind The Crest, The Market Italian Village and Ethyl & Tank, the café is serving house-made juices, vegan bakery items, salads, smoothies, acai bowls, sandwiches and artisanal toast.
- Four String Brewing celebrates its third anniversary from 4-10 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 11 with a live DJ and food from Ajumama food truck. In celebration of the occasion, brewer Dan Cochran is releasing the next beer in his Solo Series: a bottled imperial stout. (Which this writer can confirm is delicious.)
- Zauber Brewing Co. also celebrates on Saturday with its Harvest Fest from 3-9 p.m. There will be live music, Green Meanie and Explorers Club food trucks, plus a feature on Zauber and Wolf's Ridge's beers and a specialty kegged cocktail from Middle West Spirits.
- Cameron Mitchell's newly opened Barn at Rocky Fork Creek in Gahanna is launching the Sunday Farmstead Brunch Buffet this Sunday, Oct. 12. The all-you-can-eat buffet (priced at $29.95 for adults and $14.95 for kids) features waffles, omelets, a carving station, shrimp cocktail, a dessert table and more.
- Studio 35's monthly beer tasting is focusing local for October, with a showing of "Tremors" paired with brews from spots like Barley's, Columbus Brewing Co., Zauber, Hoof Hearted and more. On Sunday, Oct. 12 the tasting runs from 2-4 p.m.; the movie starts at 4.
- In Short North, Black Point took over the spot formerly occupied by Sushi Rock on the I-670 Cap. Black Point is under the same ownership as Hyde Park Steakhouse across the street; the menu focuses on seafood, sushi and steaks.
- Katzinger's Delicatessen is celebrating 30 years in business this month with raffles and contests. Customers are invited to submit favorite recollections to email@example.com to enter the drawing for a $100 gift card. They can also purchase raffle tickets to win $100 gift cards and support Mid-Ohio Foodbank, House of Hope and Neighborhood Services.
- Also during October, Columbus Brewing Co. Restaurant presents Taps of Terror, a tap takeover featuring autumn-themed beers like Jackie O's Barking Pumpkin, Weasel Boy's Das Frettchen Oktoberfest, and Actual Brewing's new Wiener Munchen Festival Ale. Beer availability will rotate while supplies last; customers can order a "Fright Flight" sampler with seven of the seasonal beers in 3-ounce pours for $9.95.
Nicholas Dekker writes about breakfast atbreakfastwithnick.comand authored the guidebook"Breakfast With Nick: Columbus." He also leads brewery tours for Columbus Brew Adventures, and his new breakfast tour for Columbus Food Adventures launches this Saturday, Oct. 11.