Breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer found in women, meaning one out of eight women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime, according to the American Cancer Society. Even more surprising - one out of 1,000 men are at risk of breast cancer, too.
So what can you do to help? Contribute toward finding a cure! By purchasing these products during October, which is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, you can donate to research and pamper yourself at the same time.
- Clinique has an added a pretty pink keychain to bottles of their best-selling moisturizer, and a donation of $10 will be given to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for each bottle sold. Plus, the ultra-hydrating cream will come in handy during the dry winter months.
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, $35 at Saks
- Let's give a round of applause to the gentlemen for joining the fight against breast cancer. The Lab Series men's skin-care line will make a $10,000 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in connection with their sale of this SPF moisturizer.
Lab Series Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15, $37.50 at Macy's
- Fall is typically when all the girls pull out their black or purple polish, but this month, throw caution to the wind and go pink. Paint on OPI's pretty pink polish to show your support for the cause. OPI donates each year to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
OPI Pink of Hearts nail lacquer, $8.50 at Charles Penzone
- Inspired by cancer survivor Marisa Acocella Marchetto, author of Cancer Vixen, C.O. Bigelow created a cute kit of products to pamper you from head to toe. In addition to raising awareness, the company will donate $250,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
C.O. Bigelow Cancer Vixen kit, $29.50 at C.O. Bigelow
- Monday through Thursday at the Aveda Institute, all haircuts before 5 p.m. will be offered at the discounted price of $15 so that additional (and hopefully bigger) tips can go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. If skin care is your thing, opt for their super-hydrating hand cream - $4 of each purchase will be donated to the foundation.
Aveda Hand Relief, $21 at Aveda