Submit Your Wedding to Columbus Weddings Magazine
Follow these steps to submit your wedding, proposal, engagement photos, bridal shower, styled photo shoot or other wedding-related content for possible inclusion in Columbus Weddings magazine.
Whether you’re a local couple or a wedding vendor, we’re honored that you’re interested in sharing your special event with us! Here’s what you need to know to make it happen:
What We’re Looking For
Everything and anything related to weddings in the Central Ohio area. Large or small, ornate or minimalist, traditional or wacky—we want to see them all. We focus on weddings that take place in Franklin County and the counties that surround it (Union, Delaware, Licking, Fairfield, Pickaway, Madison), but occasionally will consider weddings that take place slightly outside this area or destination weddings of Central Ohio couples. Interfaith, intercultural and same-sex couples are welcome and celebrated, too.
Other than real weddings, we’re interested in seeing your vow renewals, proposals, engagement photos, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, mehendi and sangeet ceremonies, and other wedding-related events.
Photographers, planners and other vendors, we’d also love to see your styled photo shoots!
Submissions should feature events that took place within one year of the submission date.
How to Submit
Fill out the form here.
- Please provide a link to a file-sharing platform like Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc. Photographers’ gallery sites, like Pass, Pixieset, ShootProof, etc. are also allowed, but please be sure to share any passwords with us so we can access them!
- Please send a direct link to the photos; do not share or directly invite us to a folder.
- For real weddings, the gallery should include 75-150 images. All other submissions should include 25-50 images.
- All images should be high-resolution and watermark-free. We cannot use your photos unless both of these conditions are met.
- For real weddings, approximately 20 percent of the photos should be of the couple, individual bride/groom portraits, and the wedding party. Remaining images should tell the story of the whole day, start to finish. Include lots of detail shots (flat-lays, cake/dessert, centerpieces, décor elements, etc.).
All other content submissions:
- Upload 25-50 images to a file sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).
- Send a link, not an invitation, to the folder to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your email should have “Content Submission” in the subject line and full submission details (vendors used, information about the couple or shoot, etc.) in the body. Also, please specify what type of content you’re submitting (engagement shoot, styled shoot, etc.)
- Include your name and contact information. If you're submitting an engagement shoot or other content featuring a real couple, please also include the couple's names and contact information.
- For the spring/summer 2024 issue, released in December 2023: Sept. 29, 2023
- For the fall/winter 2024 issue, released in June 2024: March 29, 2024
The Legal Stuff
We do not require exclusivity of weddings, but please let us know if your wedding has appeared in another publication or website. By submitting your photos, you grant permission for Columbus Weddings and its network of publications to use said photos in its print, online, social media and other digital platforms. Submission does not guarantee publication in the magazine or online, and publication will be determined by editorial discretion. An editor will contact you if your photos are chosen for publication in print or online. We do not unpublish these features, even in the event of a dissolution.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent to the absolute, irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted worldwide right by GateHouse Media Ohio Holdings II, Inc. d/b/a Columbus Weddings, and its affiliates, employees, agents, (collectively, “CW”) to copyright, use, re-use, publish and re-publish the photos I have submitted and any reproduction, composite or distortion of these photos either in whole or in part, in any medium now or hereafter known, including the internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, including (but not by way of limitation) illustration, promotion, advertising and trade or any other purpose. I represent that I am the owner of these photos or that I have consent to submit these photos to CW. I also consent to the use of our names, in this magazine, its website and all social media platforms. In addition, I waive all claims to compensation or damages based on the use of these photos by CW. I also waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve any finished product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in connection with these photos or the use to which these photos may be applied. I hereby release and discharge CW from any and all claims and demands ensuing from or in connection with the use of these photos or by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, as well as any publication thereof, including, without limitation, any and all claims for libel and invasion of privacy. I warrant and represent that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age, and have the full right and authority to grant this consent. I understand that this consent is binding on me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.