Hands On: Snow Mobile
It may not be the kind of snowmobile you drive, but it is one that you can use to decorate your home for the winter season. Have fun making these snowy decorations with your family, and hang them high above a heating vent for maximum flutter action.
WHAT YOU NEED
- White tissue paper
- Two craft sticks
- Tacky glue
- Glitter (always optional)
HOW YOU DO IT
- To make snowflakes, use scissors and cut designs into folded white tissue paper, or simply trace a snowflake template. Snowflakes should be 4 to 6 inches in diameter.
- Cut varying lengths of string, from 8 to 18 inches long. Glue one end of each string to a snowflake.
- Make an “X” with the craft sticks and glue them together in the center. Decorate with glitter, if desired.
- Tie a small piece of string around the middle of the sticks, leaving enough length at the top to hang the mobile.
- Tie the loose end of each snowflake string to one of the sticks.
- Hang and enjoy!
WHO THOUGHT THIS UP
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 200 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more. Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go towhollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.