Kid-friendly gluten-free recipes
non-stick cooking spray
2 c. grated raw potatoes
1/2 c. onion, chopped
2 T. margarine, melted
3/4 c. cooked light ground sausage
1/3 c. light cheddar cheese, shredded
1/3 c. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
6 egg whites
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix potatoes and chopped onion.
- Press potato mixture evenly over the bottom and sides of the pie pan.
- Pour margarine evenly over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Spread cooked sausage evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle cheeses evenly over the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, and spices.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the cheeses.
- Lower oven temperature to 350. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set and knife inserted comes out clean.
Variations and suggestions: If you don't like sausage, use cooked ham. Instead of grating the potatoes yourself, you can use frozen hash browns that are not coated with wheat flour.
Berry Good Popsicles
30 oz. light fruit-flavored yogurt
1 c. strawberries
- Put strawberries in a blender and mix until berries are cut into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt and berries together in a large bowl.
- Equally divide yogurt mixture in 6 paper cups.
- Place a Popsicle stick in the middle of the yogurt.
- Freeze overnight.
- Remove paper cup before eating.