Comfort Food Cruise
Here's a novel idea for visiting the Hocking Hills area and eating well: It's the second annual Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise.
The way it works is quite ingenious: You buy a ticket for $15 (for each person) and can then stop in at each of 10 area restaurants over the next three weekends, where you can enjoy a special comfort-food dish. Plus you get a bonus stop at the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center for homemade cinnamon rolls and a souvenir sliding measuring spoon.
$5 from each ticket supports local food banks. No restaurant reservations are needed, but tickets are required in order to receive the featured complimentary comfort food and gift. The exact dates of participation are: Jan. 24-25; Jan. 31-Feb. 1 and Feb. 7-8. And the exact restaurants and their dishes are:
- M&M Family Diner: Breakfast Burrito with Housemade Sausage
- Pearl's Diner: Biscuits and Gravy
- Jack's Steak House: Macaroni and Cheese
- Pizza Crossing: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
- Olde Dutch Restaurant: Chicken and Noodles
- The Boot Factory Grill: Baked Steak Sliders
- The Ridge Inn: Meatloaf
- Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls: Berry Cobbler
- Hocking Hills Dining Lodge: Pizza
- Ralph's: Ice Cream
- Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center: Cinnamon Rolls and measuring spoon gift
Complete Comfort Food Cruise information is available at www.ExploreHockingHills.com.