Worth the Wait
After a 14-month closure, Main Library is almost ready to reopen.
Columbus Metropolitan Library has a big party planned for the June 25 unveiling. Highlights include:
• A noon dedication and ribbon cutting.
• A grand opening celebration from 12:30 to 3 p.m. with entertainment and special activities (including the chance to get a commemorative library card).
• A PBJ & Jazz concert in nearby Topiary Park from 2 to 3 p.m. featuring Caribbean Jazz Sextet.
• An outdoor screening of The Lorax at dusk.
• The debut of the latest art unbound exhibit, which runs through Aug. 27.
• Author David Baldacci will speak in the new Grand Reading Room on June 26, but that event is sold out.
Main Library, 96 S. Grant Ave. in downtown Columbus, closed April 13, 2015, for a massive renovation project. Learn more about it in The Go-To Guide in our July issue, which comes out June 22.