Families who participate in one of several upcoming Empty Bowls programs will find it not only warms their hearts, but their insides, too.
The annual initiative, sponsored by the Columbus Recreation and Parks Department, supports the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. Various locations around the city host events where the public can donate $10 for a meal of soup and bread. Diners receive a souvenir bowl to take home.
The city has raised more than $200,000 through its Empty Bowls campaign over the last 18 years. Every $10 donation provides $100 worth of food for hungry central Ohioans.
Here is a list of dates and locations:
• 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 11 at Whetstone Community Center, 3923 N. High St., Columbus 43214.
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 12 at Hillcrest Baptist Church, 2480 W. Broad St., Columbus 43204; Parkview Methodist Church, 344 S. Algonquin Ave., Columbus 43204; St. Luke Lutheran Church, 4456 Morse Road, Columbus 43230; and Tuttle Park Community Center, 240 W. Oakland Ave., Columbus 43201.
• 11:20 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Nov. 13 at North Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 1574 Franklin St., Lewis Center 43035.
• Noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 13 at Eastminster Presbyterian Church, 3100 E. Broad St., Columbus 43209.
• 5:30 p.m. Dec. 2 during the Grand Illumination at Bicentennial Park, 233 Civic Center Drive, Columbus 43215.