Columbus Parent's Top 10 of 2018
The end of the year is often a time for reflecting on the last 12 months and on those that lie ahead. Wondering what Central Ohio parents were interested in during 2018? So were we. Here’s a list of the top 10 stories from the last year on ColumbusParent.com.
1. Our Summer Camp Guide is always extremely popular with moms and dads who are looking to make plans for the kids when school is out. In fact, we’re already taking submissions for next year’s installment. Look for it in our March 2019 issue.
2. The Go-To Guide: Central Ohio Fairs and Festivals – Get the rundown on nearly three dozen family-friendly events from May through October.
3. Daily Bulletin: Oz Comes to Easton –The Wizard of Oz Educational Exhibit made its Ohio debut in January at Easton, complete with interactive elements and movie clips.
4. Our third annual Camp & Activities Expo was held in partnership with ThisWeek Community News at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Mark your calendar for next year’s event, on tap March 9—again at the zoo.
5. Columbus Remembers Chris Bradley – Central Ohioans mourned the loss of local meteorologist Chris Bradley, who’d been on the air at WBNS-10TV since 2006 and at WSYX/ABC6 before that. Bradley and his family had been profiled in Parent in 2011.
6. Central Ohio Museums Offer Free Admission – During Smithsonian magazine’s 14th annual Museum Day, five local venues offered free entry in September as part of an effort to get more children into educational attractions.
7. The Go-To Guide: Splash Pads and Spraygrounds – This annual roundup offers 14 ways for families to beat the heat when summer gets cooking. All are free and open to the public.
8. The Go-To Guide: Central Ohio’s Top Playgrounds – Another popular list with local parents, this roundup features 19 family-favorite outdoor spots to explore. Again, all are free.
9. The Go-To Guide: Day Trip Destinations –There’s a plethora of daycation destinations for Central Ohio residents to visit, including museums, parks and other attractions. We highlight 13 of them.
10. Family Volunteer Opportunities in Columbus – For many families, the holidays are the perfect time to think about how to give back and make an impact in their communities. We’ve got some ideas to help you get started.